1/28 daily HS student announcements
Thursday, January 28, 2021
BLUE RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
DAILY STUDENT ANNOUNCEMENTS
for Thursday, January 28th
- Attention cheerleaders - uniform fitting will be TODAY at 2:30 in the district conference room.
- Auditions begin TODAY for the spring play! They will be held in the library from 3:30-5:30 today and tomorrow. No experience is needed! Everyone is welcome! If you don’t want to be onstage, we need sound and light operators and stage crew! If you want to be involved but can’t make auditions, talk to Ms. Yeagle any time!
- Attention Juniors: There will be a Prom Committee meeting during lunch on Friday in Mrs. Lagle's room. Limited space is available, so sign up with Mrs. Lagle TODAY!
- Attention Seniors, Local scholarship packets are now available in the Library! Packets are for any Senior interested in applying.
- Congrats to the Varsity Scholastic Bowl team for going 3-0 last night over Cerro Gordo defeating them 450 to 150, 210 to 130 and 280 to 120 to improve their overall record to 21-8. Leading the Knights in tossups Sami Boogren with 18 followed by Hutch Partlow with 12, Annabell Johnson with 6, Conner Otto with 2 and Aiden Soliday and Ben Potter with 1 each. The Varsity and JV scholastic bowl teams are back in conference action tonight versus Heritage and Sangamon Valley with the first toss-up slated at 4pm. Go Knights!
- Last night Blue Ridge FFA members competed virtually in the Section 16 Public Speaking Event. Abby Bolen competed in the Varsity Prepared Speaking event and placed 3rd overall. Sydney Rausch and Kaleb Southern competed in the JV Extemporaneous Speaking Event with Kaleb placing 6th overall and Sydney placing 2nd overall. Morgan Drozs and Jaton Shaffer competed in the Varsity Extemporaneous Speaking Event with Morgan placing 7th overall and Jaton placing 1st overall. Jaton and Sydney will be advancing to Districts in April. Congratulations!
- TODAY’s lunch menu is Spaghetti or Ham & Cheese Sandwiches
- Friday breakfast menu is Biscuits & Gravy and Lunch menu is Cheese Pizza and Side Salad