BLUE RIDGE HIGH SCHOOL
for Tuesday, April 5th
The Student Council “Picnic Basket Silent Auction” will be held during lunch TOMORROW! Bids will closed during lunch that day and whomever bids the highest, wins the lunch on Thursday, 4/7!! Bid early and bid often! All winners will be notified by the end of school on Wednesday. All proceeds will go for 2022 Homecoming activities.
Farmer City Rehab is still hiring for their cafeteria positions. If you are interested, please let the office know!
Attention Seniors: Jostens will be here on next Monday, April 11th BEFORE SCHOOL with your graduation items
Seniors: It’s still not too late to turn in your Yearbook pictures yet for the graduation slide show. The yearbook committee needs 2 baby pictures, 2 senior pictures and 2 other pictures of you growing up.
Have you ever wondered what happens to characters that don’t make it into the books? Before he decided on the White Rabbit, maybe Lewis Carroll created a groundhog who’s afraid of her shadow? Perhaps Snow White once had 8 dwarves and the 8th is the world’s tallest and strongest dwarf. What if there had been 4 little pigs - and the one that got left out of the story folded origami and made his house out of paper?
BRHS Thespian Troupe 5290 has the answers for you! The spring play, Fairy Tale Misfits will be this Friday and Saturday at 7pm and Sunday at 2pm. Tickets are only $5 for students and $8 for grown ups! Don’t miss it!
On Monday, 4/11 during lunch in the Library there will be a meeting for those of you who will be Knight Buddies with Schneider students. Ms. Clayton will be filling you all in on the important information at that time.
Are you looking for a job or volunteer opportunity? Here are several available:
- Freedom of Movement in White Heath has several opportunities to learn about and work with horses along with a paid position feeding horses 3-4 nights a week. There are also riding lesson opportunities to learn.
- Syngenta in Clinton has summer jobs for students 15 and older with starting pay being $15.89 working in the cornfields helping with pollinating and other projects.
- Remington Seeds in Leroy have summer employment opportunities for Spring 2022 Graduates who will be 18 by the end of May working at their Soybean Location.
- Bayer has Field Inspector positions with an hourly rate of $18.50 for anyone (students/adults who want a summer job) that is 18 and older.
- DeWitt Horse Riding Club are looking for volunteers to assist with events this summer. This does count as community service hours.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities please email or talk to Ms. Meisner in the Ag Room.
Monday, April 11th during the 4th and 5th hours a representative from Midwest Technical Institute will be in the Ag Room. If you have a 4th or 5th-hour study hall and want to attend please see Ms. Meisner for a pass.
Don’t forget to order your Yearbook by May 27th! Cost is $55. Please give your check to Ms. Thacker.
Earth Day is April 22rd! Blue Ridge STEM Club is celebrating the earth on Saturday, April 23rd with crafts, snacks and exhibits about our environment! Admission is 1 recyclable item per person for the event. Please register in advance for the available time slots. See the flyers posted around the school or see Ms. Miller or Mr. Scurlock for more information.
Please excuse the boys and girls track teams (weather permitting) at 2:10pm TODAY for their meet in Arthur.
Prom guest forms are available in the office for prom on May 14th!
After school detentions this week are with Mr. Miles in the Commons.
Lunch menu for today is: Hot Dog or a Peanut Butter and Jelly