HIGH SCHOOL ANNOUNCEMENTS
for Tuesday, February 12th
TODAY is the last day to order Valentine’s Day Carnations for your sweetie in the commons at lunch. Flowers will be delivered 8th hour on Valentine's Day - Thursday. Purchase 1 flower for $2 or 3 for $5. Proceeds benefit the Sunshine Center in Farmer City.
There will be a boy’s track meeting TODAY at Lunch in the new gym at 12:35.
HS book club will meet during lunch on Thursday, Feb 14th.
Only 10 tickets for the Valentines Dance have been sold. If 40 tickets are not sold by this Thursday, the dance will be cancelled. Tickets can be purchased during lunch. See a Spanish Club member if interested!
The Spring Sports parent meeting will be on Wednesday, February 13th at 6pm in the new gym.
The next FFA meeting is Wednesday in the Ag room. Committees are at 6pm and the chapter meeting is at 7pm.
The CEO Field Trip for most of our Junior Students has been scheduled for this Thursday.
Students who have read books on the Lincoln Award book list, are encouraged to stop by the library to vote for their favorite between Feb 15th and March 15th. Earn a free meal and be recognized on Honors night in May.
Reminder: Students participating in the Read for a Lifetime Program should let Ms. Brokaw or Mrs. Raines know which 4 books they read no later than April 12th. Participants will be eligible to participate in the end of the year lunch celebration and be recognized on honors night.
Next week is National FFA Week! As always a fun schedule starts on:
Tuesday, Feb. 19th with
- Dress Up: FFA Attire/Official Dress
- Event: Teacher Appreciation Day- Lunch served by FFA members
Wednesday, Feb. 20th with
- Everyone Dress Up Day: Theme is America (Red, White, Blue)
- Event: Truck and Tractor Day
- Non FFA Members pay $5 to participate
- Forms are due this FRIDAY, FEB 15th! Forms are in the Ag wing bulletin board
- For Non-FFA members it is $5 that will go towards sending a member to FFA Leadership Camp. See an FFA Officer or Ms. Meisner.
Thursday, Feb 21st with
- Everyone Dress Up Day: Theme is Career Day (Future Career)
- Event: College and Career Fair 8am-1pm in the Old Gym
- Teachers can bring down Study Hall, Classes, students can also go in before school and during lunch
Friday, Feb 22nd with
- Everyone Dress Up Day: Theme is Life on a Farm (Dress up like an animal or a farmer)
- Event: FFA Barnyard (Petting Zoo)
It’s pancake time again! The Class of 2022 is selling Applebee’s pancake breakfast tickets for $5 each. It is on Saturday, Feb 23rd from 8-10 a.m. at the Champaign location on North Prospect.
Congrats to the Congrats to the Varsity and JV scholastic bowl teams for going 2-0 in conference play last night. The varsity defeated Cerro Gordo 320-170 and Bement 360-80 improving their overall record to 36-10 (6-0 LOVC). The JV defeated Cerro Gordo 240-160 and Bement 190-100 to improve their overall record to 12-13. Leading the varsity knights in toss-ups was Tyler Maxwell with 14 followed by Luke Nichols with 8, Nadia Beadle 2 and Mitchell Houser and Hutchence Partlow with 1 each. The JV was let Luke Sheltra's 6 toss-ups. Go Knights!
Remember - there is no school Friday, 2/15 or Monday, 2/18!
After school detentions this week are with Mrs. Wieber.
Lunch menu for today is: Orange Bowl or Hot Ham Sandwich